Saturday, May 3, 2008

Little firecracker

Ella can be very feisty! When she wants something, she wants it right. now. And if she doesn't get it? She lets us know! She's been boycotting naps lately and despite the new sleep sack, it's not holding her down! My thought was, if she's not going to sleep in it, at least it'll keep her from climbing around the crib and trying to get out. Unfortunately, that's not the case!

Her new thing is also to scream, shriek, whatever you want to call it, REALLY loudly! She does it when she's happy. In the car, occasionally in church, in her highchair, when we're playing... it's really cute. To me anyway. She's also getting a little braver in her walking. She's now walking around boldly, only holding on to my one hand. Ella's into everything now, I can only imagine what it's going to be like when she no longer needs my one hand.

Here's how we're now finding Ella in the morning and after "naps."

Chewing on daddy's toothbrush... tasty!!

Ella really gets into her dinner. Then gets to enjoy a bath afterward!

The face. Her serious look.

I don't remember why Ella looks surprised here... :)

Playing in the sink with the mirror.

Ella was a good girl today. We went out early to make it to a funeral and she was great for it. It was a tough morning, but she helped her mommy get through it. I can't help but smile when she smiles and "talks" to me. She seems to be a magnet for lots of people. Being out and about, everyone seems to love talking to her. She gets so many compliments! It makes me so happy how many smiles she brings to other people's faces. She seems to light up a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment