Tuesday, February 24, 2009

20 Months Old Tomorrow!!

I'm in shock that my baby will be 20 months old tomorrow. The months have gone by so fast.

Here is Ella "talking" before lunch. She has so much to say!

Hello there foot!

Ella makes me so incredibly happy. She does so many funny things; new things seemingly every day. Here are just a few things she does now that just crack me up!

* She loves the book The Wheels on the Bus!! She does all the signs/gestures as we read, even the babies crying! The other day she started crying on that page and I didn't know what was wrong! Turned out she was just faking it for that part of the story!

* Keeping with the faking---she fake yawns! She'll close her eyes and open her mouth really wide making the yawn sound.

* Today at music class the instructor was laying on his back on the floor and she brought her finger to her lips and said "Shhh." It's too cute when she thinks people are sleeping. She'll shush everyone.

* Every time she sees a picture of a particular person she puts her finger to her lips and "Shhhh's." When Ella sees this person they are often sleeping, so Ella has made that connection! I thought it was just a fluke the first time she did it, but every single time she sees the picture she does it. Hmm... can you name this person? :)

* Ella also now makes the most adorable cat sound. It sounds a little like a dying cat rather than a "meow" but it's the same sound she makes every time and it's really, really sweet.

* She loves to pull my shirt up to see my tummy. We've told her there's a baby in there, so now she pulls my shirt up, smacks my tummy a little and says "baby" with a huge smile on her face. (I'm still working on her being more gentle rather than smacking at my tummy ;))

* The kisses are out of control!! I am in heaven! She's constantly climbing on me and kissing me. I feel like most days all we do is laugh and kiss. It is great! When she's in the bathtub she often likes to stand up and pour water. I always tell her she must sit down, but in order to try to get her way she leans over and kisses me, hoping that'll be enough to let her keep standing. She melts my heart and it almost does! I think Ella knows she has both mommy and daddy wrapped around her little finger in a lot of ways. :)

* She still hates wearing her socks. They always come off, and usually once they're off, they go on her hands. So there she was today at music class wearing her socks on her hands. Haha. She finds it pretty funny too.

* When she sees other babies and toddlers (even ones older than she!) at gymboree, music class, the grocery store, wherever, she'll proclaim "baby!"

* Whenever Ella feeds her babies, her Little People (or anything with a face on it) she'll put her spoon/fork right up to the face and make the cutest little eating sound smacking her lips together. I did this a lot in the past with her babies to try to get her to eat something and now she feeds them and makes the sound herself. It is so stinking cute! And she's so great at sharing. :)

Happy 20 months to my little sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment