Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Doctor's appt.

Ella had her 9 month checkup today. Poor thing freaked out when the nurse measured her and weighed her though. She's not too keen about strangers touching her! As soon as I picked her up the crying magically stopped and she was completely calm. :)
Here are her stats!
Length: 28 1/2 in (75th%)
Weight: 16 lbs 12 oz (25th%)
Head circumference: 17 1/2 in (75th%)

Everything looks great!
I was a little concerned about her weight gain (only up 10 oz in 3 months), but the dr assured me that most breastfed babies drop off a bit around this time and that it is totally normal and nothing to be concerned about. We talked about how she's not crawling and basically has no interest, but again, he said there was nothing to worry about as she is cruising around. She just may skip crawling altogether! I told the dr Ella seems to be a pretty relaxed, mellow baby - more like her daddy than me! - and he agreed that she is more mellow than most babies her age that he sees (he didn't comment about me being high strung ;)). I try to encourage her to crawl by putting her toys just out of reach. She'll reach hard for them for a little bit but then seems to take the attitude of "Hmm, they're too far away. Oh well. I'll find something else to play with." :)

Sadly, our pediatrician (this is pediatrician #3) whom I really, really, really like is moving at the end of June. We had to make an appt for Ella's 12 month checkup with a new dr. Hopefully we'll like her just as much.

The day was a quick one as Ella only took a 30 min nap and a 15 min nap. Yes that's right. 15 mins after falling asleep she was ready to get up! But of course, she fell asleep on the way to and from the doctor's. She's asleep now though. ;)

Sooo.. I'll update with new pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment