Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy 10 month birthday!

Munchkin turned 10 months old on Friday. The 10 months have truly flown by. Dave and I often talk about how much more enriched and fulfilling our lives are with her in it. It's strange thinking about our lives before her. She has brought so much happiness to our lives. And she seems to just have this way about her that makes complete strangers smile. Especially in church. She loves looking at all the people and "talking" in church. She's recently starting shrieking a LOT. I was nervous she'd start shrieking at inappropriate times during church. Luckily she didn't. And we always seem to have someone talk to us after mass about her. This past week it was the woman and her young daughter who told us how adorable Ella is. Ella was smiling and "talking" to them through the entire mass. The week before it was an older gentleman who came up and told us what a wonderful, sweet little girl we have. She had been entertaining everyone at mass that week. It's touching how she effects people enough to cause them to come up to us, complete strangers, and tell us how sweet she is. I hope she'll always keep this sweet disposition and always have this way of making people smile.

Happy 10 months sweet angel!

As you can see, taking her monthly pictures has gotten a bit more challenging. I'm forced to tape the sign to the wall, otherwise she'll eat it. I also must give her a small toy to entertain her, otherwise she crawls off. :)

Sweet baby!

Walking around with daddy.

Doesn't she look so pretty?

Friday was also a little bit of a difficult day for me. Someone I admire, respect, and love passed away. Fr. Joseph O. Schell, SJ was my favorite priest at JCU. I was able to develop a special bond with him, often stopping by his office to talk. He called me "Urchin" (for a reason I never understood:)) and always made me feel better when I was having a tough day. He had a very special way about him. I was lucky enough to talk to him a week before he died. I had found out through my sister that he wasn't doing well, so I gave him a call. It was a difficult phone call, as he didn't sound quite like himself. I'm thankful I got the chance to say goodbye. In true Fr. Schell fashion, he told me he appreciated my phone call, and that it had been a pleasure and privilege to have known me. He also said, as he always did, that he keeps me and my family in his prayers. Fr. Schell will be missed. I pray he continues to watch over and pray for us from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment