Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thank you God, for this!

As most of you know, Ella's always been a terrible napper. The longest she ever really naps for is 45 minutes, but more typically, it's 30ish minutes. And, now that she's crawling all over and wanting to walk everywhere, all the time, mama is quite tired and is in need of some breaks in the day! Well, here is my godsend, the sleep sack. Ella always sleeps in one at night, and sleeps 11 hours. I didn't really think about putting her in it for naps. My mom actually suggested it to me. This past week, Ella has been particularly cranky (frustration learning to pull up on everything, crawl, walk, AND tooth #8 coming in), so I thought, what the heck! Let's give it a try. WOW. I'm amazed at the wonders of this thing. The first day I tried it, she slept for 2hrs and 45mins. I was actually starting to worry about her at the 1hr mark. I kept checking on her, as this never happens. I thought, maybe it was just a fluke. The next day I put her in it again for naptime. 2hrs this time. It continued like this for the past 2 days. I'm so thankful! Ella's getting some apparently much needed sleep, and I'm getting a little bit of a break, which makes me a much more patient mommy, much better able to handle the whining and fussing that was Ella this week. Thank you sleep sack!

Here are some pics from the past week.

Getting into everything...


Picking out some good books to read.

Touching and smelling the tulips in our front yard.

Sitting pretty on the driveway after a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment