Sunday, April 20, 2008

When Ella doesn't nap

Let me start by saying, Ella has been whiny and crabby the past couple days. No fun! Well, I think I've discovered the reason.

I put Ella down for a much needed nap late this morning. I listened to her mobile finish playing the beethoven 15 minutes later, then it restarted. Hmmm. How'd that happen? Keep in mind, Ella is almost 10 months old and yes, she still had her mobile on her crib. She's been such a content little thing, that she has never worried us that she would reach up and grab it and hurt herself. She's content to lie on her back and talk to herself until we come get her. Content just sitting and playing with her toys within reach. Content. Today, all that changed. Here's what we found when we entered Ella's room--when she was supposed to be napping.

Yep! That's Ella's banging her mobile buttons turning the music on and off!

Yeah, I've finally gotten bored of laying on my back and want to explore! This is a first for me!

Crawling over to the side and trying to pull herself up...

There are those strange looking animals that I love to watch! Look! I grabbed his foot!

Trying to get out...

Getting frustrated that she can't quite get herself up...

Well, I can't quite do it yet, but I'm determined now! In a couple days, I will be standing and walking all over my crib!

I just want to eat her up. My content little sweetie is now more determined than ever. She now has the desire to move. We sit her down on the floor to play with toys, go to the kitchen for a quick second only to come back and find her off crawling around. I'm so proud of her. She's been crawling all over the place today trying to pull herself up on chairs, tables, couches... she's getting there!

Though Ella's first desire remains to WALK! And she's getting braver. Here she is coming to get her mommy one handed! Oh boy, how long before she's actually walking all on her own!?!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment