Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My 18 Month Old

Since I forgot to write about Ella's newest developments when she turned 18 months on Christmas, I thought I should do it now at least. She's growing and changing so much every day I have trouble keeping up.

Here are the words she's currently saying consistently on an almost daily basis:
1. book
2. duck
3. fish
4. mama
5. dada
6. up
7. ball
8. snake
9. dog
10. baa's for sheep
11. moo's for cow
12. makes monkey sound
(We work on animal names and sounds every day, so hopefully this list will double in the next few weeks.)

I'm not sure everyone could understand everything she says clearly, but we can and know what she's saying. :)

Her body parts she correctly identifies:
1. head
2. hair
3. eyes
4. nose
5. mouth
6. tongue
7. teeth
8. ears
9. neck
10. shoulders
11. belly
12. belly button
13. arms
14. hands
15. fingers
16. legs
17. feet
18. toes

And she's working on cheeks and knees. :)

I'm pretty proud of her! She's like a sponge and is just soaking up so much. Ella seems to understand everything which just amazes us. We even started spelling some words out a couple months ago so she doesn't know what we're talking about. ha ha It's just so exciting to see her learning (and starting to really say!) so much!!

It's great she's making the connection with the gazillion of books we read on a daily basis to things in "real" life.

I hope she'll always have a love of reading and a curious mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment