Friday, September 25, 2009

My Little Artist

Ella and I are having a nice hour-hour and a half to ourselves in the morning while William naps, so we take advantage of our time alone to have our art time. We had so much fun!

We're still reinforcing our upper case letters, but I decided to start throwing in some lower case letters as well. Ella's been really into the letter H, so she made this today.

She knew the letter and sound right away, and really enjoyed stamping hearts, putting on heart stickers and also adding a few heart shaped jewels to her "little" h.

I love Fall, and was am so excited for all the Fall activities! We've been reading a lot of Fall and apple books, and this morning Ella made this apple tree. I didn't get any pictures of her making it unfortunately. But she glued on the tree, the leaf top, the grass, and made the apples with her finger. The sun is her palm, and she painted on the rays (with my help) with her finger.

She was having so much fun she wanted to paint more. She asked for a paintbrush, so I gave her that and also a car to make tracks and a few of her fisher price animals to make prints as well.

A couple days ago we did these art projects. My camera battery had died so I didn't get any pictures of her making these. :( She had sooo much fun with the paint dobbers!

We're going through the numbers (though my little smarty can identify, count and put in order all the numbers 1-10).

We also made this leaf suncatcher together. Ella laid on the pink, yellow and orange tissue paper squares and sprinkled on some pretty gold glitter. (I love my laminator!)

So, so, so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment