Monday, February 4, 2008

More prunes, please!

Ella has graduated to three meals a day as of today! She is such a great eater, I'm not completely sure where she came from. ;) She seems to like everything but green beans and peas. We'll keep working on those! This morning she had leftover peaches and pears and cereal with banana. I decided to offer her lunch a few hours later and she gobbled it up! I opened a container of prunes (or tar, as daddy calls it) planning on just giving her 1/3 or mabe 1/2 of it. Well! Ella went after the spoon with such vigor and gusto! She really couldn't get enough. She ended up finishing the whole container and was actually looking around a little for more. It was very cute. And, the prunes seem to be doing the trick as her poos are finally softening a bit. Yay for prunes! Tonight her daddy will reward her efforts with sweet potatoes (her absolute favorite!) and maybe try and get some sweet peas down her too...even if that means lacing them with sweet potatoes. :)

Ella was rubbing her eyes like crazy and getting so tired. I took her upstairs for a nap. This time I read If I Ran the Zoo. Dave and I picked up a few new Dr Seuss books over the weekend in hopes that we can get Ella to enjoy other books besides Fox in Socks and The Thinks You Can Think. We are both so totally Fox in Socked OUT! (reading it 4-5x/day was starting to make me crazy! Both Dave and I can recite most of the book by heart.) The book is like magic however. She can be all squirmy and grabby with one book, but when we start Fox in Socks she stops all the fussing! It's like a drug. She just loves it.

I'm listening to Ella on the monitor. She just fell asleep after "talking" (to her lamb, her elephant, her mobile..) for about 10 mins. Hopefully she'll get a good nap in and be well rested when she wakes.
****
Ella's new car seat came the other day. Here's Ella inspecting (and tasting!) her new seat. I think she approved as a few minutes after these pics were taken she spit up on it. The seat is officially ours!!




No comments:

Post a Comment