Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thank you prunes

Ella had her first taste of peach puffs today. I soaked them down with water before giving them to her, both Dave and I nervous about the possibility of Ella choking. She wasn't sure what to do with the puffs, but ate maybe five of them. The last one seemed to stick in her throat a little and she coughed a bit. I think we'll try again in a few days or so.

Ella blowing those raspberries, soaking her shirt.

All bundled up for our afternoon walk today. It was a gorgeous day with the sun shining. Ella enjoyed looking all around but eventually fell asleep.

My little movie star. ;) She's constantly ripping my glasses off my head and sticking them in her mouth. I gave her her own sunglasses to play with, but I don't think she enjoyed them quite as much.

As I've mentioned before, since Ella began eating solids she's been a little more constipated. Today at lunch she gobbled down 4oz of apples & prunes. She looooved it! Later while we were out picking up some groceries we kept her in her infant seat. I noticed she seemed to smell a little funny but I wasn't quite sure what it was. As we were checking out, however, she raised her arm and I saw her entire shirt and pants on her one side was soaked...brown. Sure enough, the apples & prunes had gotten her system going. The poor little thing had been sitting in her own poo and pee for at least 30 minutes. The cute thing is, she rode around in the cart through the store smiling away, giggling and "talking" to me. She was so happy! On the ride home she fell asleep. You never would have guessed she was sitting in her own mess. Nothing seems to bother the little thing. What a great disposition she has! Here she is before heading off to the grocery store. (I'm still trying to get the stain out of her onsie though... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment