Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Too many peaches

My poor little baby. This afternoon I packed her up to go to the hospital (I was going to get help with my breast issue..). In the elevator on the way up to meet with the LC, I looked in on her in her stroller and she had thrown up all over herself. It was horrible. The poor little thing was covered in peaches. I've never seen so much of it. Her clothes, the bundle-me, and her little elephant were all pretty soaked. The LCs were nice though, and helped me get her cleaned up and into a new change of clothes (compliments of the hospital!). Ella nursed great though after the terrible ordeal, and seemed almost back to her usual self. A nice lady in the elevator on the way up wanted to peek in on Ella. I told the lady she had gotten sick, but she looked anyway. Her response was "Oh, she's beautiful," and proceeded to talk to me about her. I thought it was very kind, considering she looked pretty gross all covered in peaches/throwup. Poor thing. The LCs really took to Ella, too. They kept saying what a pretty girl she was and were impressed with how well she nursed. They thought she was very sweet. (which of course she is!) I think, perhaps, she ate too much earlier today. :( She ate almost a whole container of peaches and 1/2 container of applesauce. I guess it was more than her little tummy could handle.

Overall, the whole peach incident was a lot harder on me than it was on Ella, I think. She didn't seem too fazed, but I was pretty upset, never having seen her throw up like that before. I worry so much about her, and seeing her covered in her own throwup just about broke my heart. I want to protect her from the bad stuff of the world, and this was just the tip of that iceberg. Though being a mommy is nowhere near easy in any sense of the word, I wouldn't trade it in for the world. Ella definitely has hold of my heart.

Here're a couple pictures from tonight, still in her hospital gown. She was tired and a bit cranky from today's ordeal, understandably.


No comments:

Post a Comment